SaaSBoomi Fellowship is a 12-month program for young professionals who aspire to make a positive impact in the mission of building India as a product nation. Apart from being a great opportunity to work with some of the best SaaS founders, the fellowship program offers a ringside view into all things SaaS — Helping the fellow get one step closer to the dream of building the next big product company.
Who are we?
SaaSBoomi is a community of SaaS founders and product builders shaping India’s SaaS industry. We came together in the summer of 2015 as an informal group of SaaS founders looking to network and learn from each other. There was no looking back after that. Since then, India’s SaaS industry has grown to generate over $2.5 billion in annual revenues, with around 1,000 companies becoming an active part of the SaaSBoomi tribe.
Why start a Fellowship?
The SaaSBoomi Fellowship Program has been conceptualized with a vision to invite young and entrepreneurial minds to further strengthen the mission of enabling Indian SaaS founders to learn from each other’s journeys. The fast-paced nature of work requires people who can bring in fresh ideas, be open to experiment, engage the experts, and lead initiatives independently to ensure we deliver nothing short of the best.
During the course of the fellowship, the fellows will develop stakeholder and project management skills, gain first-hand experience, and work on building and scaling SaaS companies and communities at a large scale. The first 4 weeks of the program will be spent on learning about the existing projects of the SaaSBoomi, identifying opportunities and conceptualizing new projects to accomplish the objectives of the Foundation. The next 11 months will be spent on executing independent strategic projects to success.
The Mountains You Will Move — Roles & Responsibilities:
A Fellow will be an integral part of the SaaSBoomi, reporting directly to one of the board of directors on strategic engagements, and can expect significant interaction with external stakeholders.
A Fellow’s role would be to:
- Take complete ownership of key projects from conceptualization to execution
- Work with Founders and Volunteers to engage the required expertise for any initiative
- Drive decision-making through critical/thorough analysis
- Add value to the SaaSBOOMi by conceptualizing innovative ideas
- Deliver operational excellence by handling a-z of executing initiatives
- Support other fellows, volunteers, and founders to deliver success on SaaSBoomi initiatives
Super Powers we like in SaaSBoomi Fellows:
- Tech Stack (Data analysis, Product Management)
- Marketing Stack (Social Media + Content Marketing — Blogs, Playbook, Podcast, Website, etc.)
- Community Manager (Slack Channel with 800+ founders divided into functional groups)
You should apply only if you:
- Are passionate about serving the community.
- Working in a SaaS startup, taking a break in-between, and would like to learn more in and about SaaS.
- The one who has the hunger to start up in SaaS.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Basic Sciences/Law/ Engineering.
- Have 2+ years of work experience in any sector. Experience in SaaS/Product firms is a bonus.
- Are adept at managing/leading projects and have done it at the org/college level.
- Believe in a collaborative mindset and have a knack for constantly learning; must be able to work and make decisions independently to drive projects.
- And, last but not the least, a doer.
- The last date to apply — 12 pm, 20th July 2021.
- Date of announcement of shortlisted candidates — 10th Aug 2021.
- Date of Joining — 1st Oct 2021.
Save the Trouble — Your most important questions answered here!
1. Is the fellowship restricted to Indian citizens?
Yes, the fellowship is restricted to Indian citizens. Anybody above the age of 21 years and passionate to work for the community can apply.
2. Is this a paid fellowship?
Yes. You will be rewarded suitably for your merit and expertise.
3. Is this a full-time position?
Yes. Helping India become a product nation requires your full-time focus.
4. What is the work location? Is it remote / office-based?
One can work from anywhere in India and work remotely until we revisit our policy post-COVID-19.
Apply now at Fellowship Application
Interested candidates can apply by visiting www.saasboomi.org to know more about our programs
Have more questions? Write to us at [email protected]m
Special thanks to my colleagues, Gowthami, Sadhana & Varun for helping me working on this program